Sunday 18 March 2018

SCRAPBOOKIT MARCH BLOG CHALLENGE:



SCRAPBOOKIT MARCH BLOG CHALLENGE:

This challenge was to use shapes (circle, hearts, triangle, stars squares etc), Use a different technique or product never tried before.
Nearly all my layouts, don’t include mixed media. Really had to think about if I would participate in this one
I had purchased Nuvo embellishment mousse and Imagination Crafts – Sparkle Medium last year at a craft show, but never open them (Yes, I know what a sin).
For this challenge I chose white card stock and a small star stencil.
 Moving the stencil around the page I change from the sparkle to the mousse so I would have the two different colours (need to be careful when you lift the stencil and reposition it). As both the Mousse and the sparkle Medium where two different colours. It was not perfect but felt pleased with the background.
Using Kaiser craft “U-Bud “collection, Telaga” reverse, cut a piece larger than the photo so that I could add my title, added this to the page using foam dots.
Cut a mat for my photo using “Citra” and using foam dots, placed it over the “Telaga and then added my photo using foam squares  
 Fussy cut the doors from “Mantra” stencilled a star on each using – Sparkle Medium and added the girl’s names onto two of the doors (cut with my Brother label maker) then tucked then under the “Telaga” using foam squares.
Cut the title “Star” out of glitter paper using my Scan n Cut. Added this to the left side of my photo onto the “Telaga” The word “TV” was in my letter stash, placed it just above the top of the “Telaga” paper.
 Finished off my adding two of the small Mandala to the right of the photo from the collectables pack and a strip from the Sticker sheet under the photo, with Pearl drops as handles for the doors


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining us @Scrapbookit, I'm loving all the stars and what a super photo.xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic layout! Love the colours and your background. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookit!! Melx

    ReplyDelete