Afternoon all
Scrapbookit Challenge for April is: The word friends, dye cuts, stamping and use a colour you would not normally scrap with.
The colours I have chosen are orange, brown and Bubble gum. I have decide to use Kaiser craft "Bombay Sunset", which is match to what I wanted to do, and I have included a blue with it to tie it all together.
My first step was to glaze paste "Rosewood ". Whilst this was drying I fussy cut flowers and leaves from "Daybreak". Stamped feathers and butterflies on the "Rosewood" and "Sundowner" using Brilliance ink in the colours of Purple and Lilac. Dye cut a tag and added journalling to it (date and who's in the photo). and attaching a piece of bakers twine
Cut photo mat 6.5"x 4.5"from"Mumbai" reverse added photo using foam dots.
Now it's time to put it together.
Using "Rosewood" as back ground . I cut a triangle 8" x 12" from "Bollywood" and include the doily. Placed this at the top of my layout.
Adding "My friends" title across the join. The wording is from the "Misty Mountain" collection. I have also used wording - friends are the Sunshine of my life from the Botanical collection.
Adding photo mat 5" from the top and 1.5"from the left, inserting hidden tag under the mat on right hand side.
Now using my dye cuts, fussy cut flowers, leaves and stamped images I placed these around the top and left hand side of the photo using foam dots. A row of doilies has been placed at the bottom of the photo mat.
I added butterflies and feather dye cut to right had side around the baker's twine of the tag.
Added extra wording from the sticker sheet. To Finnish off dye cut two butterflies and in gold from the paper and pad.
Hope you like it.
A place to display my work and for others to gain inspiration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Morning All, Another overcast day in the South East , although it is 27 degrees , it is still cloudy so does not feel that hot. Yesterday ...
-
Afternoon all On this muggy Saturday afternoon, According to the weather forecast, next week will be in the mid 30's. I thought it was...
-
Afternoon all Cooler day, I just doing the second blog for the layout from Sunday, a bit slow the days are getting away and if i have t...

Thankyou so much for joining in @Scrapbookit, I love these papers and your page is fantastic.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great layout! Love the die cutting that you have done! Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookit :)
ReplyDelete