Sunday 18 November 2018

Maureen Wood (Australia)

Hello everyone


Its a very dreary day with some heavy rain last night , very wet under foot, had to go check the garden to see if my Orchids that are in flower survived and didn't get ruined in the rain. All is well , they survived and will have colour for a few weeks to come.

Today i decided to do the second layout for Mystical Scrapbooks, they are sponsoring CSI blog challenge this month so they asked us to do CASE FILE 265 






There was lots in this photo that caught my eye : The stripes and triangles in the cushions, The Photo frames with the black and white photos, There was a cat, sure they don't mine  me using a dog, The gold arrows  and gold and silver accents

The colour palette required was:  carnation pink , pale pink, bright white , light Grey and black. I used all the colours in my layout Using a picture of my husband when he was a boy and his dog Trixy
There are Traditional clue to take inspiration from as well, this took me a little while to understand what they wanted as the challenge is not what i am used to, they have a mid month one which i am going to do as well



MY INTERPRETATION :






    


    PRODUCTS USED:

    Kaisercraft "Daydreamer" Collection: Cute Reverse., Curious and Sticker SheetPink and grey stripe paper from my Stash ( unknown product)3 x 3 x 4" white frames from my stash ( I think I cut them using my "Scan and Cut" Chipboard Arrows , hearts  from my stashCorbett Creation Wooden FlowerSilver and gold Mirror BoardKaisercraft "First Noel" paper pad  Black and gold spots sheetSullivan's "Heart" PunchGold glass stars from my StashAlphabet Dye  "Uniquely Creative""Star-form" Outline gold stickersImagination " Metallic grey paintCadence paste in "Gold"Versa Mark ink "Narcissus"



    CUTTING:Dye cut 6 Gold heartsDye cut 6 Silver Hearts'Dye cut 4 Hearts from Black and Gold paperDye cut WordingCut 2 triangles one from pink stripe, and the other from the great stripe  8" x 12"Cut The "you make me so Happy" from Curious

    INKING:Inked the Wooden flower  and hearts in Versa Mark ink "Narcissus"One arrow using Cadence paste in "Gold"One arrow  Imagination " Metallica" grey paint

    ASSEMBLY'Using "Cute" as your base dd the two triangles (see photo for placement)Add the gold outline stickers  to each of the four joinsAdd two lack and white photo to framesAdd the wording to framePlace one photo 0.25 from top and 0.25 from Left hand side Add the framed wording 4.50" from the top and 4.50" from the left hand sideAdd the third photo 0.25" from right hand side and 0.50" from the bottom.See photo for placement of embellishment









    4 comments:

    1. Great layout, even thoe not sure on their theme as well something I'm not use to, but I can appreciate the layout and what you have done, you have balanced it well great job. Megan DT Happy Craft Challenge, anything goes. https://thehappycraftchallenge.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great take on the challenge Maureen, I love your striking design and the way you've used diecutting to crate your own cute embellishments, and the black/white photo looks really cool with this colour scheme. Thanks for playing with us at CSI :o)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Your layout is absolutely beautiful! I adore your overall design - it's so very creative and fits in well with the inspiration image!
      Thank you for playing along with us at CSI!

      ReplyDelete
    4. What special photos! Love the bold design and the combination of those different stripes!

      ReplyDelete