Saturday 17 November 2018

ISLAND GREETINGS

Morning all


Its very quite at home , so just thought i catch up on some  blog pages for some challenges i have been doing, Its the weekend again, it seems to come around faster than usually, this week its mainly been Facebook page challenges which i have not blogged


Today's challenge is for "Artastic" The inspiration comes from


Our November inspiration is by Arthur Baker Clack called "The Citadel, St Tropez".

With a CRITERIA - Paint and/or ink, when I saw this painting all i could think about was an island holiday not some where flash but down to earth. Hence why i chose one of our daughters cruise holiday photo's  with an island greeting as this island had no fancy hotels was  traditional village hut  living by these Tahitian's

 https://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com

MY TAKE:






This is how my layout come about, the page was not what i intended, as it did not go my way , I set about to used one of Kaisercraft  Gloss Specialty sheets from the "Wild flower" Collection where you use the spray mists to add the colour and wipe it off  with baby wipes in a circular motion, So first I tried adding the Pink Mist, the sprayer head did not work (did not have a spare one) so decided to drop droplets of paint on the page (Unsuccessfully) so used the green mist and it just came out in big droplets. I did not want to throw the sheet out, so wipe it off leaving some pink and green ink. Not to try and  cover it up. So grab by Brilliance Inks in Crimson, Lavender and Poppy  and  a little bit of Versa mark  Mint to hide the  pink Mist and make the green look a bit more effective.

Then I had left the lid off the bottle of  Pink Mist and knocked it flying spilling all over the piece "Fleur" AND THE TABLE AND THE FLOOR. (it was a not Happy Jan moment) so hence i have a pink coloured photo mat, and used some to cut out my butterflies.I also used some water coloured paper my granddaughter did in blue to cut some more butterflies.Added some Manor Flowers 

3 comments:

  1. Your layout is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your paint journey! My spray pages never turn out anything like I expect and inevitably end in unexpected mess everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page! I love your background! Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet page and so pretty. Thank you so much for joining in with ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete