Wednesday 31 October 2018

Water colour

Morning all

The subject for this month is WATER COLOUR TECHNIQUES.

The first of the month has come around again very quickly with lots of great entries during October. Some of the people who have entered could better tell you about the techniques of water colour than I can. I have had little experience. Mixed Media is not my favourite part of paper crafting.
I have several items  I can use to create with Water colours, not that i use them very much except for my water colour pencils.I have Kaszazz Water colour pencils which i do use to colour my Card ImagesI have a Water colour paint set from Uniquely CreativeRanger Distress Crayons  and Kaiser craft Paints and MistsI usually leave the background painting  for my granddaughter to do. ( as she loves to play with paints) and always leaves me a supply when she comes to visit . I have only just run outHere are a couple of Images  that i have used in my cards and layouts with her  creating  the Back ground  with using some of the below techniques





With the card I have embossed it to bring our the colours


1)Technique of Colour Blending 

This is  experimenting with blending different colours together.First paint a shape or squiggle line with plain water only. Then dip the brush into the paint and add it to the watered area. Watch it spread, then clean your brush and choose a second colour. Apply this to the opposite end of your watered area and watch the colours blend together. You can move your paper side to side to help the water colour run together

2) Technique of SPLATTERING:

I do use this technique on my layouts, and is very messy and I hate messy, but not often
This technique makes quite a mess. I suggest covering any areas of your paper that you don’t want to be splattered. Load your brush with paint then hold it over the top of your paper. With the other hand, tap your brush and watch the paint splatter onto your paper. Rinse your brush, choose your next colour and splatter away. Or you can hold your paintbrush between your thumb and middle fingers. Using your index finger, pull back on the bristles and let them snap forward. This method is a bit unpredictable, but can yield some very fun results.

3)  Technique of Plastic 

Load an acrylic block  with desired paint then spritz with water,. Dab your piece of plastic ( used the plastic from packets of embellishments) into the colour and then place it onto your paper and smooch it down , continue placing it into your paint and onto your paper and smooching it, until the desired effect is obtained. Add water if require for the paint to drip

MY TECHNIQUE PAGE:



I have used each of the two of the techniques  (although  i would say not very well) on my layout. I think i am going to have  to watch more YOU TUBE VIDEOS. Before i attempt another one. 

I have used the plastic Technique on the outside of the page, splatters through out and each of the circles are coloured and then  water added to paint circles to give a shading effect

No comments:

Post a Comment